Cute fun nicknames for your significant other
- uh uh!
You can ask the universe for all the signs you want, but ultimately, we see what we want to see when we’re ready to see it.
WHY WASNT THIS NATIONAL NEWS?!
I think we know why.
This made Atlanta news because it happened not far from where I live. It was only a few months after Sandy Hook and I just remember crying from relief when I heard about this woman and how she managed to prevent another tragedy through compassion and empathy.
Lately I’ve been feeling disconnected. I don’t feel like the same person from one day to the next. Days feel like lifetimes, but weeks feel like seconds.
Everything is relative.
I’m not high.
THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
… wow, now I feel like my AP US History teacher went above and beyond in a lot of ways. We spent a fair bit of time talking about the “boarding schools” that … really, boarding school isn’t the right name for them. Forced acculturation centers is a better term. While we didn’t go into depth on our early presidents’ attitudes, he was rather … critical (that’s a good, mild term) of the idea of manifest destiny, and strongly attacked the theft of native land.
I wish every school, every US history student, had a teacher like that. Because he was amazing. He was the first person to really teach me to be critical of history books, and for that I will always be grateful.
This was a gift me and my cousins made for a friend’s wedding :) They’re Gursikh.
The mugs say “Singh” and “Kaur” in Punjabi, and MR. and MRS. on the handles.
REALLY happy with them :D Hope they like them!
Quiet Morning ©
- me: watching tv show
- me: looks down at phone for 0.002 seconds
- me: misses entire plot line of episode, introduction of 2 new characters, 1 main character dies, they are in a different country, at some point someone reproduced and offspring are spoiled and someone got a pet cat
Friends with the right people